Montauk sunsets are truly special
There is no summer moment like a Montauk sunset. As the eastern most point of New York, this is an incredible place to view a sunset over the water. Be sure to check out these spots to see the sunset in Montauk.
5. Duryea’s – While we will always miss the original Duryea’s, the newly renovated restaurant and marina still feature the same breathtaking Montauk sunset views. With a casual yet high-end vibe, delicious food, and perfect location on Ford Pond Bay, Duryea’s is one of the best places in Montauk to watch the sunset.
4. Navy Beach – One of the newer restaurants in Town, Navy Beach opened in 2010 to rave reviews. This prime beachfront location is hard to beat. Our only complaint is the cost – be ready to break out the checkbook to reserve a spot at this popular destination.
3. The Crow’s Nest – The Crow’s Nest is the only restaurant on the lake to make our list, but don’t be fooled – with their popular beach bar and cabanas, this is a great place to view a Montauk sunset.
2. The Montauket – The Montauket is hands down the best restaurant for a Montauk sunset. Around since Montauk’s origins in the 1920’s, the spectacular views over Fort Pond Bay make this a must-do for sunset lovers.
1. From the water! – Maybe we’re biased (ok, we definitely are!), but we like to think the best way to view a Montauk sunset is on a private charter aboard one of our sailing catamarans or cruising pontoons. No obstructions, no distractions – just serenity and scenery. Bring your own food, drinks, and music to create your own private paradise.